Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
Windows 10 is the latest addition of Microsoft Windows, and according to Microsoft this is the last version of Windows and future updates will be applied to this version only. Microsoft have paid a great attention towards Windows 10 features, looks and security. You can find some really cool and useful features like Cortana (personal assistant) and Start Menu (combined version of Windows 8 tiles and Windows 7 start menu). Though the entire UI of Windows 10 is new and hence there are many people who are facing problems with file explorer in Windows 10.
File Explorer is something which every Windows user visit whenever he wants to do something on his system. So it is necessary for a user to know about latest Windows 10 file explorer features and how to use it. If you are the one who is looking to get help with file explorer in Windows 10, then you have landed on the correct page. In this Windows 10 file explorer tutorial we are going to tell you about how to get help with file explorer in Windows 10 and how you can fix some common problems of Windows 10 yourself. If you want some more help the You should read this post, How to Get Help in Windows 10.
How to Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
The new Windows 10 file explorer have Quick Access items on the left instead of system drives as it was before. This pane will display a list of frequently used folders and files to access them quickly again. You can also put folders and files to this by right clicking on them and selecting “Pin to Quick Access” from the menu.
Though everything seems to be easy in Windows 10 file explorer, but still if you want any kind of help, then you can either visit Windows forums or read articles on the official Microsoft website – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows
If you are wondering how to launch file explorer in Windows 10, then you can do it by many ways. Like pressing Windows Logo Key + E will open file explorer. Another thing you can do to open file explorer is by typing “Explorer” or “File Explorer” in the search box, located at the start menu.
Many people are complaining that they are not able to view their Libraries folder in the navigation panel of Windows 10 file explorer. If you are one of them and want to get back libraries in File Explorer, select the View tab, and then select Navigation pane > Show libraries.
Windows 10 File Explorer Not Responding When Right Clicks?
If you are facing any other problems with file explorer in Windows 10 like File Explorer is not responding when you right click on it, then you can follow the steps mentioned below to fix it. Do note that Windows 10 File Explorer is not responding error can be caused due to many problems, but if you want a quick fix of this problem, then you can try methods mentioned below.
- First of all press Windows Key + X together and then select Command Prompt (Admin) option from the list.
- In the CMD window, type netsh and then press enter and then type winstock reset and press Enter again.
- Once you have got operation is completed message, you can restart your device to apply changes.
- Once your device gets restarted, follow this path Start button > Settings > Update & security and then click on Windows Update from the left pane and then choose Update history from the right pane.
- There will be an option called Uninstall updates, just click on it and you will be taken to a new windows with latest installed updates on your system.
- If you can see update KB3081449 or KB3081448 is installed, then right click on them and choose Uninstall and then restart your system.
Windows 10 Search Bar Not Working
If you are facing problems with the search bar or search box in Windows 10, then you are missing out a great feature. There can be many reasons why it is not working, but the fixes are in your hand. The main problem could be because the search option in not enabled in your system. You can enable search in Windows 10 file explorer by following the path below:
Go to File, and then at the top left corner click on Change Folder and Search Options. Now click on the Search Tab. and then check the box Don’t use the index when searching in files folders for system files (search might take longer) and then click on Apply, and then on Ok.
Windows 10 File Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts
While using Windows 10 file explorer is easy, and by the time you will be able to use all of its options, but the best way to get used to of it is by using keyboard shortcuts. You can use below mentioned Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts for file explorer to get your work done faster.
- Windows key + E: open File Explorer
- Ctrl + E: activate the search bar in File Explorer
- Alt + left arrow key: go back to one folder in history
- Alt + right arrow key: go forward to one folder in history
- Ctrl + mouse wheel Up or Down: increase or decrease the size of icons in File Explorer
- Ctrl + Shift + N: create a new folder
Though Windows 10 have so many new amazing features and apps which you might want to try out, but Windows 10 file explorer have got the most advanced version. Getting help with file explorer in Windows 10 is easy, and you can just press F1 key on the screen you want help with. Moreover you can also visit Microsoft and other Windows forums to solve your problems at the earliest. You can follow the methods mentioned above to get help with file explorer in Windows, and if you know about more methods to get help with file explorer in Windows 10, then do let us know about them via comments below.